Use our boating checklist with an early start for getting your boat ready for Summer
If you love the water, few things are better than boating season. Get a jump with our boating checklist. Summer wouldn’t be summer without spending long, hot days on Lake Eufaula:
- Cooling off with a lazy dip in the water
- Dropping a line in hopes of catching a “big one”
- Having an action-packed day of waterskiing and tubing.
Boating is not without its share of pre-summer preparation. If you’re not on the ball early, you may find yourself midway through July still on dry land.
At Omega Insurance, we want to ensure you’re first in line at the boat launch at the first sign of the season change.
Here are a few boating checklist tips for being ahead of the game.
- Tune it up. It’s always a good idea to have your boat winterized at the end of each season. Whether you did or didn’t get it done last year, make sure and give your boat a full tune-up before you hit the lake this summer.
- Charge it. Make sure your battery has a full charge.
- Clear it out. If there’s a chance any bit of gas from last season is still in your tank, fill it up with fresh gas as well as a stabilizer. The new gas and stabilizer help prevent buildup in the gas lines and injection system.
- Give it a test. Before you get the boat off the trailer, lower your motor into the water and make sure it turns over.
- Plug it up. Ensure your drain plug is in place. Make sure the bilge pump is functioning properly.
- Double- and triple-check. The last thing you want is boating ramp rejection for not having updated registration or missing your ski flag or life vests. Double-check that your documents are updated. Make sure your boat is fully stocked with everything you need.
We at Omega Insurance wish you a fun-filled and safe boating season!