Your Time Saved – Simple Insurance Renewal Checklist
Follow our insurance renewal checklist when home, auto, or commercial policy renewals arrive. It will save you headaches, helping toward smooth renewals.
- Avoid common mistakes like throwing the paperwork in the trash or filing it away.
- Make sure to take your time. Review your renewals. Make sure you have adequate coverage on all your possessions.
- The most important thing you could do with your renewal paperwork is to take the time to review it.
We reach out to our customers about their upcoming renewals, whether by phone, email, or mail. Let us know if about items that you may have questions about. It’s always important to bring those concerns to our attention. In the meantime, keep the following items in mind for your upcoming renewals:
Car Insurance Renewal Checklist
- Review all the drivers on your policy. Is your newly licensed child or other drives listed? All members of the household over the age of 16 need to be listed as drivers on your auto policy. This ensures that your carrier is aware of the potential risk factors in your household.
- How about all the vehicles on your policy? Do you still need to carry physical damage coverage on that older model Ford? It’s up to you to decide what coverages you need or don’t need.
- This is important. Notify us immediately when household members drive for rideshare or delivery services. This includes Uber, Amazon, or Shipt. If not, in the event of an accident, you may not have proper coverage.
Home Insurance Renewal Checklist
- Take the time to examine all your coverages and limits. You want to be sure you have enough coverage on your home.
- Have you recently made some updates in the home by either remodeling the kitchen or bathroom? Maybe even added something as simple as a carport? If so, let us know so that we help ensure that all aspects of your home get proper coverage. Let us help you protect your home’s full replacement cost value.
- What about changes in your personal property limit? Have you recently had a baby or got married? Consider increasing your personal property limit. This way it will account for all the new furniture, clothing, or cookware, to name a few things.
- As always, let us know if you get any high-value items like jewelry, paintings. It could even be something like you’ve started a coin collection. These items need to be listed on your policy to ensure coverage during a claim.
Commercial Insurance Renewals
As with all policies, commercial insurance policies need all the details. Yet, here are a few important things to keep in mind at renewal:
- Has your payroll increased or decreased?
- Do you have any more or fewer employees?
- Is all your equipment listed and properly covered?
- Has the name of your business changed?
At the end of the day, it’s important that you notify us of any changes needed to your policy. This includes both when you renewal or even in the middle of the policy term. Make changes at any time. Review your policy then contact or call us with any questions or changes. Know you have peace of mind having the best customer service with Omega Insurance Agency.